The US Customs and Border Protection has been getting a little more strict about who gets in. This has made it a little more difficult, showing up saying stuff like "this car belongs to some guy...." It seems that showing up in someone elses car is something of a warning flag to Customs Officers.
I have spent the past three days trying to figure out what to do about this. On the phone with brokers and customs representatives alike. What a zoo. One person tells me one thing. Another ... another. However, with some persistence and many many questions, I have made some progress. As a result, HitTheRoad.ca is now equipped to PRE-SCREEN our drivers and cars BEFORE they arrive at the United States border. From now on, HitTheRoad.ca driver will head to the U.S. with paperwork in hand. No more need to explain to border guards. Hopefully. Just hand over a bar code and the rest is already on file.
Tomorrow, my very first driver will experience this in real life. I can't wait to hear back ....
No comments:
Post a Comment